Luxury log home on the premier trout creek “Mountaintown Creek” who could ask for more. Minutes from historic Ellijay, Georgia this beautifully decorated cabin boasts all you could want and more with a huge 55 foot Long screened porch that is perfect for sipping your favorite beverage and enjoying the fresh air. The hot tub has its own screened area for privacy and no worries about rain getting into your wine. The large kitchen has stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops with a dining area close by that seats 6 comfortably. On cold nights lounge in the living room with cathedral ceilings and gaze at the wood-burning fireplace. for outside enjoyment the property has a pavilion with another wood-burning fireplace, gas grill and big screen TV. There are steps and a path down to the creekside firepit on the level land. The creek itself can be accessed by stone steps.
Trout Haven Lodge is a beautifully decorated 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath log home that sleeps up to 6 people.
- Main Level living room with seating for 6, 50″ Flat Screen TV, and wood burning fireplace. (a starter bundle of firewood is provided Oct 1-March 31).
- Main Level king bedroom with Flat Screen TV, private bath and over-sized walk-in tile shower
- Main Level half bath
- Full size washer/dryer
- Second floor queen bedroom with TV
- Second floor king bedroom with TV
- Second floor bathroom with tub/shower combination is shared by the two bedrooms
- Cabin offers WIFI
- Main level huge screen porch that is 55′ long
- Separate screened area with hot tub
- Pavilion with big screen TV and gas grill
- Fenced Yard
- Creek front firepit
- Stone steps to creek
The fully equipped Chef’s kitchen includes:
-FISHING REGULATIONS: Mountaintown Creek is Catch and Release, barbless hook, artificial lure fishing only. 1 pole and line, hand held only. Seining bait fish is not allow. Trout fishing license required. Please familiarize yourself with fishing on Mountaintown creek at georgiawildlife.com/fishing/trout
Dog friendly for up to 2 well behaved dogs.
We encourage you to protect your vacation investment with a travel insurance of your choice.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
Standard nightly rates for Trout Haven Lodge, start at $305/$350 per night, THREE (3) Minimum Nights Required. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Standard season rate May 29 2023 – June 29 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak Season Rate June 30 2023 – July 04 2023, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer season rate July 05 2023 – July 30 2023, two (2) or three (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate August 01 2023 – August 31 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate September 01 2023 – September 04 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate September 05 2023 – September 30 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Leaf season rate October 01 2023 – November 12 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 13 2023 – November 21 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 22 2023 – November 25 2023, four (4) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin (No check-ins on Thanksgiving Day)
- Standard season rate November 26 2023 – December 16 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 17 2023 – January 01 2024, five (5) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin, (No check-ins on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day)
- Standard season rate January 02 2024 – February 13 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate February 14 2024 – February 18 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate February 19 2024 – May 23 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate May 24 2024 – May 26 2024, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate May 27 2024 – June 27 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- July 04th Season Rate June 28 2024 – July 06 2024, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer Season Rate July 05 2024 – July 31 2024, two (2) or three (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate August 01 2024 – August 29 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate August 30 2024 – September 01 2024, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate September 02 2024 – September 30 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Leaf season rate October 01 2024 – November 10 2024, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 11 2024 – November 26 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 27 2024 – November 30 2024, four (4) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate December 01 2024 – December 17 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 18 2024 – December 2024, five (5) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
Submit your review
Trout Haven was perfect for our trip with 2 kids and 2 dogs. The creek provided endless entertainment for everyone. It was so nice to enjoy the creek and fire pit in the evenings, as well as the outdoor fireplace on the covered deck. The location is great, about 15 minutes or so from downtown Ellijay. The cabin is very well furnished, lots of extra blankets for couch snuggles, and the kitchen is very well equipped for cooking. They even provided dog sheets to protect the beds and furniture from dog hair and dirt. Definitely would stay again!
Well equipped and maintained house and property. Enjoyed sitting on the screened porch and in the swing by the river. Have stayed in several Sliding Rock properties and their service is excellent!
We loved the location. The setting was beautiful. The cabin was convenient for having 2 dogs, the fenced area was clean and useful for a safe potty area before bedtime. We enjoyed short walks on the private road shared with the kind and friendly neighbors. We found the furniture to be comfortable as well as the beds. I even asked my parents about the master bedroom mattress and they liked it fine, they prefer a firmer one. The kitchen was accommodating, even for 2 people at once, and the cookware was in great condition. Thank you to Sliding Rock for providing nice cabins for dog lovers who cannot leave them behind for family trips. You truly provide the best value with no pet fees 🙂
This property is amazing.The outdoor entertaining area was where we spent most of our time. Our dogs enjoyed the shallow river and playing fetch in the flat back yard. The house is beautiful and the decor/furniture is high end.
Just a few cons: The internet was bad - similar to a 56k dial up modem. The mattresses were extremely uncomfortable.
bin was amazing. property was beautiful.
POSTED RATES ARE FOR UP TO 4 GUESTS, it is an additional $15 per person per night for any guests above four (4). This is reflected on the rate quote tool if you enter the total number of guests.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. A refundable Security Deposit is required, along with a copy of a current picture identification, such as Driver’s License, Military, Firefighter, or Law Enforcement ID. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $59 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less from arrival date.