We know that purchasing a cabin can be a daunting process. All those unanswered questions…… can we afford the monthly payments, who will handle the upkeep and maintenance, who will watch over your investment while we’re away, who’ll do the marketing, reservations, and is this really an investment or will it just become another loadstone? That’s why Sliding Rock Cabins® has developed its extremely successful Property Management Program. We feel very comfortable in saying that owners who entrust their investment with us and follow the guidelines listed in the chart below will be able to actually have peace of mind, while their cabin generates income and builds equity.
Here are a few thoughts for owners or potential owners looking for a management company:
- Trust – Does the management company make you feel as if they are business partners with you, with your best interest at heart, or are you just another dollar sign to them?
- Marketing – Does the management company advertise in a productive, yet cost efficient way? Do they market all of their cabins equally?
- Rental Inventory – Does the management company have more inventory than renters? Does the management company have sub-standard inventory?
- Reservations – Does the management company have a reservation process that notifies you immediately of reservations, cancellations, and/or changes? Does the management company provide timely payouts for owners?
- Rental Records – Does the management company keep accurate nightly rental records for your cabin, ensuring that you receive all money that you’re entitled to receive?
- Cabin Compensation – Does the management company compensate their employees, families, or friends by using your cabin without your knowledge, thereby denying you money?
- Taxes – Does the management company take care of the sales and lodging tax implications, so that there’s no worry for you?
- Upkeep – Does the management company watch over the cabin, notifying you when there are potential problems, and recommending the most cost effective solutions?
The following chart shows what Sliding Rock Cabins® considers a successful candidate for its Property Management Program. A very special note: we never want to be the largest cabin rental company….. only the best!
Cabin Types That May Fit Our Property Management Program
- Water fronting
- Mountain views
- Secluded or private
- Easily accessible
- Log or log sided
- Rustic style
- Coastal style
Amenities That We Require
- Pet Friendly
- Hot Tub – 4 to 7 person
- Queen or King Size Beds
- 300+ count sheets
- Upgraded bath linens
- Fireplace or woodstove, either wood or gas
- Central HVAC
- V 27″ or Larger
- DVD Player
- Satellite or Cable with Network Channels
- Propane Gas Grill
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washer & dryer
- Upgraded Furniture
- Wireless Internet
Optional Amenities That We Highly Recommend to Enhance The Cabins’ Appeal & Occupancy
- Game Room
- Screened Porch
- Bedroom TV/DVD Players