Comfy and cozy are we, at the river, my doggies and me. Situated directly on the Ellijay River, this beautiful log cabin offers two king size bedrooms, a game table, screened porch for outside dining, fenced yard, and of course the music of the river.
Cherokee Shoals is an adults only, always dog friendly, beautifully decorated, two bedroom, two bath full log cabin that sleeps up to four (4) adults and offers the following:
- Two king size bedrooms with luxurious 400 count sheets and full bath downstairs
- Large comfortable living area with a 47 Inch Flat Screen Cable TV/DVD player and wood burning fireplace
- Upstairs area with Pool Table, 42 inch Flat Screen Cable TV, and bath in the loft
- Free Wireless Hi-Speed Internet
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- Large screen porch with eating area
- Gated deck, covered porch with rocking chairs, gas grill
- Large hot tub overlooking the Ellijay River
- Fenced yard and waterside fire-pit
- Spa quality soap, hair dryer, and towels
The fully equipped kitchen includes:
- Refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffee beans, coffee grinder, coffee maker, dishes, glassware, utensils, cutlery, pots, and pans
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Please, No Cats at Cherokee Shoals. Doggies are welcome, with no size, weight, or breed restrictions!
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your pets: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for Cherokee Shoals, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
Standard nightly rates for Cherokee Shoals, start at $175 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Standard season rate 02 January 2020 – 13 February 2020, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 14 February 2020 – 16 February 2020, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 17 February 2020 – 21 May 2020, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 22 May 2020 – 24 May 2020, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 25 May 2020 – 30 June 2020, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 01 July 2020 – 05 July 2020, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer season rate 06 July 2020 – 31 July 2020, two (2) or (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate 01 August 2020 – 03 September 2020, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 04 September 2020 – 06 September 2020, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 07 September 2020 – 30 September 2020, two (2) night minimum stay
- Leaf/Festival/Peak season rate 01 October 2020 – 08 November 2020, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 09 November 2020 – 20 November 2020, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate 21 November 2020 – 28 November 2020, four (4) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 29 November 2020 – 17 December 2020, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate 18 December 2020 – 01 January 2021, five (5) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 02 January 2021 – 11 February 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 12 February 2021 – 14 February 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 15 February 2021 – 27 May 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 28 May 2021 – 30 May 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 31 May 2021 – 30 June 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
Nightly Rates are for up to four (4) guests. Additional guests above four, add $15 per night of the reservation plus tax. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee (which includes a Damage Waiver Fee) along with Taxes which are currently 12%. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. A two-hundred fifty dollar ($250) refundable Security Deposit is required for new guests, along with a copy of a current picture identification, such as Driver’s License, Military, Firefighter, or Law Enforcement ID. For returning guests, the Security Deposit is waived. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $50 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less from arrival date.
Submit your review
Four friends needed some time together after self isolating for weeks during the pandemic. We chose this location because we had the rushing river, a covered deck, and a screened porch for card games. We were isolated, but not without neighbors in case of emergency. The fenced backyard for our pups was an added plus when we weren’t able to take long walks. The cabin was clean, the beds were comfortable, and we had all the kitchen equipment needed. The town of Ellijay is quaint and entertaining, (having visited in prior times) however, we stayed at the cabin our entire time because of Covid 19 concerns. We will book Cherokee Shoals again because it provided the perfect experience we needed.
My husband and I had a great time for our 16 year anniversary. The cabin was super clean, right off the river and views were beautiful. We really enjoyed our stay. My only suggestion would be to have newer beds. We will definitely be back. Thanks so much!
This was our first time renting with Sliding Rock and we were stunned as we walked in the door! We visited in March 2018. The road to the house is at times quite steep and bumpy but our Rav 4 handled it fine. The house was super clean (except some dog hair on the sheets) and beautifully decorated! I prefer a cabin with leather furnishings so this was perfect! We enjoyed the fireplace and firepit and large kitchen. The river was VERY loud but a unique experience for us Floridians. Hot tub was great as well! Since then we have rented 2 others cabins (which i will also write reviews for) and this is our highest rating of the 3. Very cozy cabin with a true mountain feel!
The cabin was a great weekend getaway with my husband and our best friends. It was so relaxing! The cabin was clean, beds were comfortable, and the hot tub was clean and enjoyable. We will be back!
Our family booked two cabins with Sliding Rock, one being Cherokee Shoals. I can't say enough great stuff about this cabin. It has a beautiful setting and is decorated beautifully. We will definitely book this cabin again.