Comfy and cozy are we, at the river, my doggies and me. Situated directly on the Ellijay River, this beautiful log cabin offers two king size bedrooms, a game table, screened porch for outside dining, fenced yard, and of course the music of the river.
Cherokee Shoals is an adults only, (No guests in this cabin under the age of 25), always dog friendly, beautifully decorated, two bedroom, two bath full log cabin that sleeps up to four (4) adults and offers the following:
- Two king size bedrooms with luxurious 400 count sheets and full bath downstairs
- Large comfortable living area with a 47 Inch Flat Screen Cable TV/DVD player and wood burning fireplace
- Upstairs area with Pool Table, 42 inch Flat Screen Cable TV, and bath in the loft
- Free Wireless Hi-Speed Internet
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- Large screen porch with eating area
- Gated deck, covered porch with rocking chairs, gas grill
- Large hot tub overlooking the Ellijay River
- Fenced yard and waterside fire-pit
- Spa quality soap, hair dryer, and towels
The fully equipped kitchen includes:
- Refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffee beans, coffee grinder, coffee maker, dishes, glassware, utensils, cutlery, pots, and pans
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Please, No Cats at Cherokee Shoals. Doggies are welcome, with no size, weight, or breed restrictions!
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your pets: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for Cherokee Shoals, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
Standard nightly rates for Cherokee Shoals, start at $220 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 18 2020 – January 02 2021, five (5) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate January 03 2021 – February 11 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate February 12 2021 – February 14 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate February 15 2021 – May 27 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate May 28 2021 – May 30 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate May 31 2021 – June 30 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate July 01 2021 – July 05 2021, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer season rate July 06 2021 – July 31 2021, two (2) or (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season August 01 2021 – September 02 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate September 03 2021 – 05 September 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season September 06 2021 – September 30 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate October 01 2021 – November 13 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 14 2021 – November 19 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 20 2021 – November 27 2021, four (4) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 28 2021 – December 16 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 17 2021 – January 01 2022, one week minimum stay
Nightly Rates are for up to four (4) guests. No additional guests are allowed. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee (which includes a Damage Waiver Fee) along with Taxes which are currently 12%. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. A two-hundred fifty dollar ($250) refundable Security Deposit is required for new guests, along with a copy of a current picture identification, such as Driver’s License, Military, Firefighter, or Law Enforcement ID. For returning guests, the Security Deposit is waived. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $50 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less from arrival date.
Submit your review
We didn’t quite know what to expect beyond the fabulous photos we viewed. Would it be as good as the photos and reviews said? Would the location be too remote or too close to road noise or too close to neighbors? All the above questions were a resounding WE LOVE THIS CABIN!! It is remote, taking you far from the “maddening” crowd. You can actually see your neighbors, but not once did we hear them or any noise associated with them! We were there for 1week and began to love the lifestyle of being remote and on the creek. We live in a perfect place, a barrier island on the Atlantic Ocean, but we are kind of beginning to rethink this...the mountains ARE a great place to be. And this cabin and rental company are great.
We've stayed at this cabin before with our dogs and just adore it! You can wade in the river, fish and enjoy a nice fire in the fireplace or outside in the firepit. It's just the right size for us and very comfortable.
Cherokee Shoals was exactly what it was advertised to be. It was beautiful, clean and cozy. The beds were so comfortable we had a hard time getting up early to go explore. Sitting on the porch listening to the river was so relaxing and just what we needed. The hot tub was clean and enjoyed by all.
We had 2 fur-babies with us and they had a blast chasing lizards in their fenced in yard.
The highlight of the week was watching the deer walking in the river from our porch!
We will definitely rent from Sliding Rock Cabins the next time we go to North GA.
This house is perfect for a get away from the busyness of life. Sitting on the porch with the constant sound of the rushing river is so peaceful. There is a great fenced area for the dogs and nice areas to take walks. We loved it and want to go again!
We love this area of the North Georgia Mountains and go whenever we have a chance. This is the second time we have stayed in a Sliding Rock Cabin and have been very pleased both times. We just booked another trip to Ellijay and will be staying in another Sliding Rock Cabin. The atmosphere is so welcoming for us as well as our dogs and the cabins are always neat and clean. One of our favorite places to have dinner is The Black Sheep and you can't do better than The Smokehouse for breakfast. Looking forward to the fall.