Comfy and cozy are we, at the river, my doggies and me. Situated directly on the Ellijay River, this beautiful log cabin offers two king size bedrooms, a game table, screened porch for outside dining, fenced yard, and of course the music of the river.
Cherokee Shoals is an adults only, always dog friendly, beautifully decorated, two bedroom, two bath full log cabin that sleeps up to four (4) adults and offers the following:
- Two king size bedrooms with luxurious 400 count sheets and full bath downstairs
- Large comfortable living area with a 47 Inch Flat Screen Cable TV/DVD player and wood burning fireplace
- Upstairs area with Pool Table, 42 inch Flat Screen Cable TV, and bath in the loft
- Free Wireless Hi-Speed Internet
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- Large screen porch with eating area
- Gated deck, covered porch with rocking chairs, gas grill
- Large hot tub overlooking the Ellijay River
- Fenced yard and waterside fire-pit
- Spa quality soap, hair dryer, and towels
The fully equipped kitchen includes:
- Refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffee beans, coffee grinder, coffee maker, dishes, glassware, utensils, cutlery, pots, and pans
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Please, No Cats at Cherokee Shoals. Doggies are welcome, with no size, weight, or breed restrictions!
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your pets: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for Cherokee Shoals, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at email@example.com. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
Standard nightly rates for Cherokee Shoals, start at $195 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 18 2020 – January 02 2021, five (5) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate January 03 2021 – February 11 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate February 12 2021 – February 14 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate February 15 2021 – May 27 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate May 28 2021 – May 30 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate May 31 2021 – June 30 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate July 01 2021 – July 05 2021, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer season rate July 06 2021 – July 31 2021, two (2) or (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season August 01 2021 – September 02 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate September 03 2021 – 05 September 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season September 06 2021 – September 30 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate October 01 2021 – November 13 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 14 2021 – November 19 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 20 2021 – November 27 2021, four (4) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 28 2021 – December 16 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 17 2021 – January 01 2022, one week minimum stay
Nightly Rates are for up to four (4) guests. No additional guests are allowed. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee (which includes a Damage Waiver Fee) along with Taxes which are currently 12%. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. A two-hundred fifty dollar ($250) refundable Security Deposit is required for new guests, along with a copy of a current picture identification, such as Driver’s License, Military, Firefighter, or Law Enforcement ID. For returning guests, the Security Deposit is waived. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $50 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less from arrival date.
Submit your review
This is truly a fantastic mountain cabin. We've been coming to the area for over 25 years and even owned our own cabin in Helen, but this mountain home is amazing! As comfortable and clean and well appointed as any cabin we have ever stayed in. We will surely be back to this property!
Cherokee Shoals is amazing! We had the most amazing "socially distant" week ever. I think we have found our new favorite cabin. The river being right off the deck is the icing on the cake to this perfect hideaway! Very clean, very quiet, warmly decorated, a well equipped kitchen and comfy beds. Most of our time was spent in the rocking chairs outside watching the river flow by. We even had deer visitors who crossed the river ! We will definitely be back.
Well stocked, clean cabin, with the sounds of the river 24/7. What a wonderful relaxing trip that happily also included out 2 large dogs. Will recommend to anyone who asks! We read, played pool, saw deer, played cards, and cooked great meals on the gas grill and in very well stocked kitchen. Hope to come back post virus to hopefully enjoy some the the interesting shops and restaurants we drove past in Ellijay.
Four friends needed some time together after self isolating for weeks during the pandemic. We chose this location because we had the rushing river, a covered deck, and a screened porch for card games. We were isolated, but not without neighbors in case of emergency. The fenced backyard for our pups was an added plus when we weren’t able to take long walks. The cabin was clean, the beds were comfortable, and we had all the kitchen equipment needed. The town of Ellijay is quaint and entertaining, (having visited in prior times) however, we stayed at the cabin our entire time because of Covid 19 concerns. We will book Cherokee Shoals again because it provided the perfect experience we needed.
My husband and I had a great time for our 16 year anniversary. The cabin was super clean, right off the river and views were beautiful. We really enjoyed our stay. My only suggestion would be to have newer beds. We will definitely be back. Thanks so much!