Comfy and cozy are we, at the river, my doggie, kitty, and me. Situated directly on the Ellijay River, this beautiful log cabin offers two king size bedrooms, a game table, screened porch for outside dining, fenced yard, and of course the music of the river.
Cherokee Shoals is an adults only, always pet friendly, beautifully decorated, two bedroom, two bath full log cabin that sleeps up to four (4) adults and offers the following:
- Two king size bedrooms with luxurious 400 count sheets and full bath downstairs
- Large comfortable living area with a 47 Inch Flat Screen Cable TV/DVD player and wood burning fireplace
- Upstairs area with Pool Table, 42 inch Flat Screen Cable TV, and bath in the loft
- Free Wireless Hi-Speed Internet
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- Large screen porch with eating area
- Gated deck, covered porch with rocking chairs, gas grill
- Large hot tub overlooking the Ellijay River
- Fenced yard and waterside fire-pit
- Spa quality soap, hair dryer, and towels
The fully equipped kitchen includes:
- Refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffee beans, coffee grinder, coffee maker, dishes, glassware, utensils, cutlery, pots, and pans
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Please, No Cats at Cherokee Shoals. Doggies are welcome, with no size, weight, or breed restrictions!
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your pets: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for Cherokee Shoals, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
- Standard nightly rates for Cherokee Shoals start at $175 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer.
- Two (2) night minimum stay Peak Season rates are an additional $35 per night for: July 5-31
- Three (3) night minimum stay Peak Season rates are an additional $30 per night for: Valentines/Presidents Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Leaf Season (01 October through the first full weekend in November)
- Five (5) night minimum stay Holiday Season rates are an additional $50 per night for: Christmas week through New Year’s. (No check in on Christmas Day)
- Four (4) night minimum stay Holiday Season rates are an additional $40 per night for Thanksgiving week. (No check in on Thanksgiving Day)
- Two (2) night minimum stay Standard Rates are for all other dates
- Nightly Rates are for up to four (4) Adults. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee (which includes a Damage Waiver Fee) along with Taxes which are currently 12%. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $50 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less to arrival date.
Submit your review
Spent 5 days at this magical cabin. So relaxing sitting on that porch in the rocking chairs, looking and listening to the music of the river, and feeling the world and it's problems disappear.
Our recent trip to Ellijay and Cherokee Shoals was everything I expected and more. From the area, to the cabin with the rushing river just feet away, this trip was so relaxing and enjoyable. My husband and I especially appreciated the fenced in yard for our dog. We didn’t have to put shoes on, put the dog on a leash and find a flashlight to let him out at night. The fenced yard is right off of the screened in porch, which made things so easy! Thanks to Ingrid, with Sliding Rock Cabins, for your guidance in helping me choose the perfect cabin!
This is our favorite SRC cabin because of perfect location and amenities. It appeared this time, however, that there had been a new stair railing installed up to the second floor. This construction left heavy dust build-up, as well as random small nails left about, and some trash in kitchen container with used paper towels that had been used for staining. However, this was a one-time glitch, and will certainly not prevent us from returning to this wonderful cabin.
Was amazing. The cabin was everything I expected. Would recommend this to everyone.
restful it was great thanks so much
We had a wonderful time! We stayed at Cherokee Shoals in 2015 and loved it so much that we booked it again 2 years ahead. The cabin is wonderful, and has all the comforts of home. The location of this cabin is perfect, as the sounds of the rapids in the river are a huge plus. It is extremely well appointed and has everything you would need. The beds are very comfortable, as well as the couches. This cabin is definitely one of our top favorites at Sliding Rock in our 7 years of coming here. We tried to book it for next years Thanksgiving, but unfortunately it was already reserved, so we hope to visit another time. Thanks Sliding Rock and the owners of the cabin for a wonderful time.
Love the cabin. Will be back. Was supposed to stay 3 nights but only got to stay two due to tropical storm.
We have stayed at several pet friendly cabins and this is by far our favorite. The river sings it's soothing song the minute you step on the porch and settle into the rockers. The cabin is well furnished, and dinners on the screened side porch are wonderful. We have even seen deer come down by the screened porch and also crossing the river. Though you can see other cabins, we have always found it quite and peaceful. Love to sit out by the fire pit with our favorite wine. This is our absolute FAVORITE land vacation spot!
We have been coming to this subdivision for several years. The roads were the worst we have ever seen them. Huge dips right at the bottom of the hills where you need to keep your momentum up. We will most likely not be returning.