Song of the south is an adorable oasis on Turkey Creek. With end of the road PRIVACY and a firepit area right by the water. Song of the South offers a screened porch, patio and deck with a large hot tub, Gas Grill, creekside firepit and FENCED yard off of the screened porch. You may want to laze away the day in the hammock, roast s’mores in the creekside firepit, maybe hike the Ellijay and Blue Ridge’s mountainous trails, then in the evening soak in the large hot tub, or cuddle up next to the fireplace and watch an old movie on your large screen SmartTV, maybe sleep in late in the King Size bed in the loft. Main floor has one queen-size bed, a bath with shower and tub combination. Upstairs, the open loft has a king-size bed and Juliette balcony. The kitchen offers solid surface counter tops and new stainless steel appliances. Living room furniture is leather and therefore No cats please.
Song of the South is an adorably decorated two bedroom, one bath, log cabin that sleeps up to four (4) guests and offers the following:
- King size bedroom upstairs, with luxurious 400 count sheets, flat screen TV, and cozy Juliette balcony
- Queen size bedroom downstairs with luxurious 400 count sheets and full bathroom
- Comfy living area with a romantic propane log fireplace, Flat Screen TV, DVD Player, Telephone, Board Games
- Free Wireless Hi-Speed Internet
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- Spa quality soap, hair dryers, and towels
- Covered porch with gas grill and seating
- Lower covered area with seating
- Fenced yard, waterside fire pit, and seating
- The fully equipped kitchen includes: Refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, coffee beans, coffee grinder, and coffee maker, Dishes, glassware, utensils, cutlery, pots, and pans
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Please, No Cats at Song of the South. Doggies are welcome with no size, weight or breed restrictions!
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your Dog: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for Song of the South, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
- Standard nightly rates for Song of the South start at $140 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer.
- Two (2) night minimum stay Peak Season rates are an additional $35 per night for: July 5-31
- Three (3) night minimum stay Peak Season rates are an additional $30 per night for: Valentines/Presidents Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Leaf Season (01 October through the first full weekend in November)
- Five (5) night minimum stay Holiday Season rates are an additional $40 per night for: Christmas week through New Year’s. (No check in on Christmas Day)
- Four (4) night minimum stay Holiday Season rates are an additional $30 per night for Thanksgiving week. (No check in on Thanksgiving Day)
- Two (2) night minimum stay Standard Rates are for all other dates
- Nightly Rates are for up to four (4) guests. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee (which includes a Damage Waiver Fee) along with Taxes which are currently 12%. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $50 cancellation fee, plus taxes. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less to arrival date.
Submit your review
Our family had a lovely weekend away at Song of the South. It was the perfect size home for us and our 2 boys and 2 dogs. The creek was fantastic and we played in it all weekend. We loved having the fire pit right there by the creek to sit around, too! We wish the deck and patio was swept off before our stay but that was a minor detail and did not ruin anything. Great time overall!
The minute we walked in our cabin we knew we had found the right place! It was perfect in every way for my husband and I and our Lab, Maggie Grace. We loved the screened in porch and ate dinner there every evening and rocked in the rocking chairs all afternoon. The creek is beautiful and we loved listening to it especially at night with the sliding doors open. My husband enjoyed the hammock! Everything was thought of at this cabin!!! Bed was comfortable and every amenity was available. The location is perfect. Probably 10 minutes or less from Ellijay and about 30 minutes from Blue Ridge. Also very close to Amicalola (sp?) falls. There is a fenced area that your pup can access from the deck if needed. The hottub was amazing! Again, everything was thought of.
Song of the South cabin was clean and inviting from the moment we pulled up. Beautiful and secluded it was perfect for my wife and I and our 3 German Shepherds. The deck and hot tub attached to the fenced yard was the best setup we have ever had! The dogs enjoyed playing in the river every day! If you are looking for relaxing peace and quiet, this is it!
Comfortable cabin and beautiful view. The kids loved the fishing and visits from the neighbor dogs, and we all enjoyed the firepit. We would like to come back in the future for a longer stay.
The location was perfect, right on the creek! The cabin was close to Ellijay and Blue Ridge, and we enjoyed spending a day exploring both. The cabin is perfect. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. There is only one bathroom, but it was not an issue for us. It might be if we were sharing the cabin with others.We were especially happy that we could take our dog along, too. I would highly recommend this cabin and this company.
Valentine's Weekend All around awesome getaway weekend for us! Cozy cabin in beautiful setting could not ask for more.
We couldn't have imagined a more perfect vacation. It rained 2 of the 4 days but we still were just as happy. Our pups loved it. We loved it. The hot tub was wonderful. We even got to get a fire started downstairs. Loved the heat from the gas fire and the feeling of home we got being somewhere we weren't used to. We will DEFINITELY be back. After all, we got ENGAGED while staying there!!! so Romantic