Song of the south is an adorable oasis on Turkey Creek. With end of the road PRIVACY and a firepit area right by the water. Song of the South offers a screened porch, patio and deck with a large hot tub, Gas Grill, creekside firepit and FENCED yard off of the screened porch. You may want to laze away the day in the hammock, roast s’mores in the creekside firepit, maybe hike the Ellijay and Blue Ridge’s mountainous trails, then in the evening soak in the large hot tub, or cuddle up next to the fireplace and watch an old movie on your large screen SmartTV, maybe sleep in late in the King Size bed in the loft. Main floor has one queen-size bed, a bath with shower and tub combination. Upstairs, the open loft has a king-size bed and Juliette balcony. The kitchen offers solid surface counter tops and new stainless steel appliances. Living room furniture is leather and therefore No cats please.
Song of the South is an adorably decorated two bedroom, one bath, log cabin that sleeps up to four (4) guests and offers the following:
- King size bedroom upstairs, with luxurious 400 count sheets, flat screen TV, and cozy Juliette balcony
- Queen size bedroom downstairs with luxurious 400 count sheets and full bathroom
- Comfy living area with a romantic propane log fireplace, Flat Screen TV, DVD Player, Telephone, Board Games
- Free Wireless Hi-Speed Internet
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- Spa quality soap, hair dryers, and towels
- Covered porch with gas grill and seating
- Lower covered area with seating
- Fenced yard, waterside fire pit, and seating
- The fully equipped kitchen includes: Refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, coffee beans, coffee grinder, and coffee maker, Dishes, glassware, utensils, cutlery, pots, and pans
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Please, No Cats at Song of the South. Doggies are welcome with no size, weight or breed restrictions!
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your Dog: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for Song of the South, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at email@example.com. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
Standard nightly rates for Song Of The South, start at $140 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Standard season rate 03 January 2019 – 13 February 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 14 February 2019- 17 February 2019, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 18 February 2019- 23 May 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 24 May 2019- 26 May 2019, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 27 May 2019- 27 June 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 23 June 2019- 31 July 2019, two (2) to four (4) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 01 August 2019- 29 August 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 30 August 2019- 01 September 2019, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 02 September 2019- 30 September 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 01 October 2019- 10 November 2019, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 11 November 2019- 22 November 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Holiday season rate 23 November 2019- 30 November 2019, four (4) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 01 December 2019- 17 December 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Holiday season rate 18 December 2019 – 01 January 2020, five (5) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 02 January 2020 – 13 February 2020, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 14 February 2020 – 17 February 2020, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 18 February 2020 – 21 May 2020, two (2) night minimum stay
Nightly Rates are for up to four (4) guests. Additional guests above four, add $15 per night of the reservation plus tax. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee (which includes a Damage Waiver Fee) along with Taxes which are currently 12%. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $50 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less to arrival date.
Submit your review
Our stay at Song of the South was great! My boyfriend, his Yorkie and I enjoyed staying at his property. We loved the sound of the river behind the cabin and the remote fireplace was awesome. We had everything needed to prepare meals. Just be mindful that the bathroom can get chilly and if you sleep in the loft bedroom and can get really warm due to heat rising. However this would not deter us from visiting again. We would like to come back in the summer to down the river back to the cabin. I'd recommend this cabin to anyone I know!
This cabin is perfect for a small family with dogs. We all loved the hot tub, fire pit, and the relaxing stream running right outside the back door. Inside you will find everything you need to be comfortable on vacation. This is the best cabin we have stayed at, and we are already planning our next trip.
Song of the South was a great little stay for our babymoon. It was so nice to have the creek in the backyard - a soothing background noise at all times. The cabin was clean and well-equipped. The screened in porch was a perfect place to relax and drink some hot chocolate. It was also nice to have two beds - downstairs is a queen and the loft is a king. The fireplace was perfect and easy to use - very cozy!
We had a wonderful time, especially our dog, Pistol. We plan on being back next year and have already recommended it.
cabin was perfect
We enjoyed everything about this cabin except how dark it was inside, even with the lights on. It would be a really great cabin with some better lighting and a few skylights in the living room/kitchen area. Other than that we were very satisfied with our stay and would definitely rent another cabin from Sliding Rock again.
We loved our stay at Song of the South cabin. The cabin was just like the pics In the advertisement. It was very clean. We enjoyed the screened porch for our meals, listening to the sound of the water flowing over the rocks. We built a fire in the firepit ever evening roasting marshmallows! The hot tub was great and clean . It was great to have a place for our dog to have a fenced area. We also really liked having sliding glass doors to open and listen to the creek. Would recommend this cabin for a great relaxing vacation!!!!
Absolutely loved Song of the South! Just the experience we were hoping for! Already planning our return trip!
Awsome exhilarating beautiful
We, absolutely loved Song of the South! It’s at the end of the road , so there is more privacy than most of the other cabins on the water. The creek was so beautiful. We had stayed in another cabin last year & loved it, but this one suited our needs better. We will be going back next year for our 30 yr anniversary!! On a side note, the dog yard is on a bit of a slope. My young dogs were fine, but I had one that had to be taken down to the bottom. No big deal, just FYI. And, we had a problem with the hot tub & management came right away. I’ve alteady recommended these cabins to several people!!