Relax and enjoy the soothing sounds of Fightingtown Creek right outside your cabin. Fish for native trout, pan for gold, snooze in the creek-side hammock, with a roaring fire in the nearby fire-pit. The Benton MacKaye Hiking Trail is within a short walk of your cabin and when you return, soak in the large hot tub under the stars as the water flows by or enjoy a cocktail while overlooking the water from the wrap around deck. Riverhouse Retreat is nestled on four acres of deeply wooded forest in the North Georgia Mountains, and is the perfect rustic, romantic getaway.
Riverhouse Retreat is a beautifully decorated two bedroom, two bath log cabin overlooking Fightingtown Creek, that sleeps up to four (4) guests and offers the following:
- One king size bedroom, with luxurious 300 count sheets, and full bath upstairs
- One king size bedroom, with luxurious 300 count sheets, and full bath downstairs
- Living area with wood-burning fireplace, 27 Inch Flat Screen Wireless Internet Roku TV, with Hulu Plus Channels, thousands of current TV and Movies available online, sorry no Premium Sports Channels, but if you have a subscription to NetFlix or Amazon, watch any of their streaming videos, DVD Player
- Free Hi-Speed Internet Access
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- Screened porch with rocking chairs overlooking Fightingtown Creek
- Expansive gated decks with propane grill, wrought iron table and chairs, and large hot tub
- Large waterside earthen fire-pit
- Spa quality soap, hair dryer and towels
The fully equipped kitchen includes:
- Refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee beans, coffee grinder, coffee maker, dishes, glassware, utensils, cutlery, pots, and pans
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Dogs Always Stay Free! There are no size, weight limits, breed restrictions, or pet deposits! No Cats, Please!
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your pets: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for Riverhouse Retreat, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
Standard nightly rates for Riverhouse Retreat, start at $180 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 18 2020 – January 02 2021, five (5) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate January 03 2021 – February 11 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate February 12 2021 – February 14 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate February 15 2021 – May 27 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate May 28 2021 – May 30 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate May 31 2021 – June 30 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate July 01 2021 – July 05 2021, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer season rate July 06 2021 – July 31 2021, two (2) or (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season August 01 2021 – September 02 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate September 03 2021 – 05 September 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season September 06 2021 – September 30 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate October 01 2021 – November 13 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 14 2021 – November 19 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 20 2021 – November 27 2021, four (4) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 28 2021 – December 16 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 17 2021 – January 01 2022, one week minimum stay
Nightly Rates are for up to four (4) guests. No additional guests are allowed. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee (which includes a Damage Waiver Fee) along with Taxes which are currently 12%. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. A two-hundred fifty dollar ($250) refundable Security Deposit is required for new guests, along with a copy of a current picture identification, such as Driver’s License, Military, Firefighter, or Law Enforcement ID. For returning guests, the Security Deposit is waived. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $50 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less from arrival date.
Submit your review
Great views and nice large yard. Very comfortable beds.
Just a tip. This property is not all the private. If you look at the pictures close you will see a road that is just across from the cabin on the other side of Fightingtown creek. It isn't a crazy busy road but it does limit your privacy, which is not what we expected.
Also, this yard (while fenced) is more of a slope than anything else so dogs have little space to wander.
We enjoyed our stay but these things should be taken into consideration if you plan to stay here
We stayed at Riverhouse Retreat for 10 days and we wish we could have stayed longer! It is an older cabin needing some updated decor, but it is well maintained. It was the perfect size for the 3 of us and our dog (there is a fence so they can’t escape into the woods). We loved waking up in the cozy beds and having coffee on the screened in porch while listening to the creek. There is plenty of outdoor seating options on the porch overlooking the creek below. The bathrooms were clean and the kitchen had almost everything we needed to make meals (besides a dishwasher). They have a full sized washer and dryer upstairs which was useful to wash towels and bug sprayed clothes from the hiking trail nearby (don’t recommend washing whites though). It is a short drive into Cherry Log, Ellijay and Downtown Blue Ridge. We do recommend a 4WD vehicle for the last few turns into the cabin which would be difficult in a car. We spent lots of time by the creek in the outdoor chairs and even walked into the cold creek which was actually quite refreshing. There is a fire pit for s’mores and a BBQ grill outside for local meats you can buy for dinner. The management company was quick and responsive which is unlike other companies we have used before. We look forward to coming back one day. Thank you!
This cabin offered everything we were looking for - rest & relaxation. Some areas could use a bit updating; but overall, it was a great stay.
Great views and nice large yard. Very comfortable beds.