Relax and enjoy the soothing sounds of Fightingtown Creek right outside your cabin. Fish for native trout, pan for gold, snooze in the creek-side hammock, with a roaring fire in the nearby fire-pit. The Benton MacKaye Hiking Trail is within a short walk of your cabin and when you return, soak in the large hot tub under the stars as the water flows by or enjoy a cocktail while overlooking the water from the wrap around deck. Riverhouse Retreat is nestled on four acres of deeply wooded forest in the North Georgia Mountains, and is the perfect rustic, romantic getaway.
Riverhouse Retreat is a beautifully decorated two bedroom, two bath log cabin overlooking Fightingtown Creek, that sleeps up to four (4) guests and offers the following:
- One king size bedroom, with luxurious 300 count sheets, and full bath upstairs
- One king size bedroom, with luxurious 300 count sheets, and full bath downstairs
- Living area with wood-burning fireplace, 27 Inch Flat Screen Wireless Internet Roku TV, with Hulu Plus Channels, thousands of current TV and Movies available online, sorry no Premium Sports Channels, but if you have a subscription to NetFlix or Amazon, watch any of their streaming videos, DVD Player
- Free Hi-Speed Internet Access
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- Screened porch with rocking chairs overlooking Fightingtown Creek
- Expansive gated decks with propane grill, wrought iron table and chairs, and large hot tub
- Large waterside earthen fire-pit
- Spa quality soap, hair dryer and towels
The fully equipped kitchen includes:
- Refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee beans, coffee grinder, coffee maker, dishes, glassware, utensils, cutlery, pots, and pans
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Dogs Always Stay Free! There are no size, weight limits, breed restrictions, or pet deposits! No Cats, Please!
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your pets: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for Riverhouse Retreat, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
Standard nightly rates for Riverhouse Retreat, start at $175 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Standard season rate January 03 2022 – February 17 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate February 18 2022 – February 20 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate February 21 2022 – May 26 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate May 27 2022 – May 29 2022, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate May 30 2022 – June 30 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak Season Rate July 01 2022 – July 04 2022, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer season rate July 05 2022 – July 31 2022, two (2) or three (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate August 01 2022 – September 01 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate September 02 2022 – September 04 2022, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate September 05 2022 – September 29 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Leaf season rate September 30 2022 – November 13 2022, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 14 2022 – November 18 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 19 2022 – November 26 2022, four (4) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate November 27 2022 – December 15 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 16 2022 – January 01 2023, five (5) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
Nightly Rates are for up to four (4) guests. No additional guests are allowed. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee, along with Taxes. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. A refundable Security Deposit is required, along with a copy of a current picture identification, such as Driver’s License, Military, Firefighter, or Law Enforcement ID. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $59 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less from arrival date.
Submit your review
The cabin was wonderful! Just enough room so we weren't crowded but small enough to keep up with our things. Our collie would have enjoyed a larger fenced-in area, but she was happy since her ball could not roll under the fence and get lost. The cabin is no longer green. It has been painted brown. The screened-in porch was wonderful. Do wish it had been easier to get to. The road across the creek from us appeared to be a major thoroughfare, yet we traveled 'around the world' to get to the cabin. The directions for using the TV/hulu need to be updated. We never did figure them out.
Amazing creekside location. You could hear the creek from inside the house. It's a cozy cabin with great deck and outside area by the creek to fish. We went in February so too cold to get in the water. But I bet it is great swimming and fishing in the summer. Rental company was super helpful in reserving the cabin but also in answer questions about things to do.
We were so happy to vacation in this lovely cabin over Christmas with our entire family which in our case includes our dogs. It is so nice to be able to bring our FurKids with us to places and this place was perfect!!!
We had an amazing get a way. The cabin was perfect for a couple looking for peace and quiet and seclusion. The creek is perfect and right under your feet from the deck. Hot tub was awesome, and even the road across the creek was never an issue almost like it wasn’t there. The cabin has everything you need for yourself and fur babies just bring food and drink. We will definitely be back to this one!!! Thanks for such a great experience on our 24 anniversary!
We loved our stay here. It was much more remote feeling than your typical cabin stay. The creek runs along the property. It’s beautiful to see and hear it every day. We will definitely book through Sliding Rock Cabins again next time.