Relax and enjoy the soothing sounds of Fightingtown Creek right outside your cabin. Fish for native trout, pan for gold, snooze in the creek-side hammock, with a roaring fire in the nearby fire-pit. The Benton MacKaye Hiking Trail is within a short walk of your cabin and when you return, soak in the large hot tub under the stars as the water flows by or enjoy a cocktail while overlooking the water from the wrap around deck. Riverhouse Retreat is nestled on four acres of deeply wooded forest in the North Georgia Mountains and is the perfect romantic getaway.
Riverhouse Retreat is a beautifully decorated two bedroom, two bath log cabin overlooking Fightingtown Creek, that sleeps up to four (4) guests and offers the following:
- One king size bedroom, with luxurious 300 count sheets, and full bath upstairs
- One king size bedroom, with luxurious 300 count sheets, and full bath downstairs
- Living area with wood-burning fireplace, 27 Inch Flat Screen Wireless Internet Roku TV, with Hulu Plus Channels, thousands of current TV and Movies available online, sorry no Premium Sports Channels, but if you have a subscription to NetFlix or Amazon, watch any of their streaming videos, DVD Player
- Free Hi-Speed Internet Access
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- Screened porch with rocking chairs overlooking Fightingtown Creek
- Expansive gated decks with propane grill, wrought iron table and chairs, and large hot tub
- Large waterside earthen fire-pit
- Spa quality soap, hair dryer and towels
The fully equipped kitchen includes:
- Refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee beans, coffee grinder, coffee maker, dishes, glassware, utensils, cutlery, pots, and pans
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Dogs Always Stay Free! There are no size, weight limits, breed restrictions, or pet deposits! No Cats, Please!
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your pets: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for Riverhouse Retreat, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at email@example.com. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
Standard nightly rates for Riverhouse Retreat, start at $165 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 18 2020 – January 02 2021, five (5) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate January 03 2021 – February 11 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate February 12 2021 – February 14 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate February 15 2021 – May 27 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate May 28 2021 – May 30 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate May 31 2021 – June 30 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate July 01 2021 – July 05 2021, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer season rate July 06 2021 – July 31 2021, two (2) or (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season August 01 2021 – September 02 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate September 03 2021 – 05 September 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season September 06 2021 – September 30 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate October 01 2021 – November 13 2021, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 14 2021 – November 19 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 20 2021 – November 27 2021, four (4) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 28 2021 – December 16 2021, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 17 2021 – January 01 2022, one week minimum stay
Nightly Rates are for up to four (4) guests. No additional guests are allowed. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee (which includes a Damage Waiver Fee) along with Taxes which are currently 12%. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. A two-hundred fifty dollar ($250) refundable Security Deposit is required for new guests, along with a copy of a current picture identification, such as Driver’s License, Military, Firefighter, or Law Enforcement ID. For returning guests, the Security Deposit is waived. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $50 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less from arrival date.
Submit your review
On Tuesday afternoon my daughter, 11 yr.old grandson, and my husband & I arrived at RiverHouse cabin and were amazed at the location, the creek, the cabin & all the beauty. We quickly unloaded and settled into our "home away from home". Our favorite location was in & beside the creek, followed by the porch listening to the sound of the creek. My grandson has special needs, but he and our dog loved playing in the water. B would pick up rocks and throw them in the water & dog would chase after them. Thank you for the long rope to keep him from drowning. In the evenings, after supper, showers & getting B to bed, we sat on the porch just letting the sound of the water wash all our problems of the real world away. Pure peace is the only way to describe the feeling. On Friday we had to pack up & leave. It was a real struggle for us all. Would have loved to stay longer. Our deepest thanks to all who made this adventure possible & wonderful.
Our spirits were totally refreshed. If your spirits are dragging, go to the cabin, listen to the water, relax in the hot tub, take in the natural beauty--including "lightning bugs", birds & butterflies. No, we didn't see a bear, but we knew they had to be close by. Someday, we hope to return. Thanks again.
Creek was awesome. The rambling was relaxing. Went in the creek and it was refreshing. Cabin is perfect. Quaint and comfy. Dogs had great time. Bed was comfy. Kitchen had everything we needed. Great having washer to clean clothes midst.
Great canopy of trees and stars at night... jacuzzi was a nice relaxing end to our day.
Will be back again!!!��
The property makes you feel like you are deep in the forest with all of the green foliage and moss. The cabin sits right on the creek so you can hear the running water from one of two decks or the screened porch. A fire pit and hot tub are also available for use. The fence and deck gates make it super dog friendly. Loved it!
We had a wonderful time at the Riverhouse Retreat. Very comfortable and cozy, very clean, and would recommend it highly. We loved sitting on the screened porch and the creek flowing just feet away. The only negative was no cable TV, but that was a minor thing. It was nice to get away from the city living, and enjoy a beautiful week in Cherry Log, Elijay and Blue Ridge GA
A sweet little cabin in a beautiful spot on Fightingtown Creek, close to Blue Bridge and Ellijay. We were thrilled with the fenced in yard for our dogs, as well as the gates on the porch. We hope to stay here again when the weather warms up so we can spend some time on the porch and let our dogs play in the creek.