Paradise found overlooking beautiful mountain laurels. Laurel Overlook is a beautiful 2 bedroom (queen beds and TV’s) two bath, 2 story, with loft (loft has a single fold out, suitable for a child) dog friendly (no cats please) cabin with a covered porch, small screened porch, lounging deck. The living room offers a wood-burning fireplace, leather furniture and a desk. The dining table is very roomy for 4 people. The covered porch offers a gas grill and dining area, while the hot tub deck has a comfortable lounging area. Inside the fenced yard there is an earthen firepit to enjoy smores and a true crackling fire. Take a hike (Steep) down to babbling Amy Creek.
On the Main Floor:
- Living Room with wood burning fireplace, leather furniture & desk/chair
- Kitchen with new (2022) appliances. Gas stove/oven, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator
- One queen bedroom with TV and bathroom
- Large covered porch with dining and a grill
- One queen bedroom with TV and bathroom
- Small screened porch for your morning coffee
- Loft with single fold out, suitable for a child
- Fenced yard
- Earthen fire-pit in fenced yard
- Hot tub
- Comfortable lounging deck
- Hiking path (steep) to Amy Creek
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
Standard nightly rates for Laurel Overlook, start at $190 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Peak season rate September 02 2022 – September 04 2022, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate September 05 2022 – September 29 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Leaf season rate September 30 2022 – November 13 2022, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 14 2022 – November 18 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 19 2022 – November 26 2022, four (4) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate November 27 2022 – December 15 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 21 2022 – January 01 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate January 02 2023 – February 13 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate February 14 2024 – February 19 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate February 20 2023 – May 25 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate May 26 2023 – May 28 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate May 29 2023 – June 29 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak Season Rate June 30 2023 – July 04 2023, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer season rate July 05 2023 – July 30 2023, two (2) or three (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate August 01 2023 – August 31 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate September 01 2023 – September 04 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate September 05 2023 – September 30 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Leaf season rate October 01 2023 – November 13 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 14 2023 – November 21 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 22 2023 – November 26 2023, four (4) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate November 27 2023 – December 22 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 23 2023 – January 01 2024, five (5) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
Submit your review
In terms of the cabin itself, I would say it was 5 star. Well-maintained, clean and perfect for those that take pets. Our 3 dogs loved running around the fenced yard. We really enjoyed the cabin, but the drive up to the cabin is enough to put me off returning. It's a long drive up, the road is largely unpaved and it is winding, with huge potholes. I think the drive would be impossible in a regular sedan because even in our big SUV, it was difficult when it rained.
The cabin had everything we needed, comfortable beds, great views and relaxing sounds of the creek below. On a private road with only 1 other house at the end of the road with no traffic. We will definitely stay here again!
We stayed a week at LOL. The cabin was very nice. Loved the gas propane starter in the fireplace. Kitchen well stocked. Beds comfortable, WiFi security listed as weak...might want to upgrade that, but so far back in the woods, don't think anyone was around to hack it. The road in needs some work...would not try it without an AWD or 4WD vehicle, particularly when raining, as it was when we were there. Very peaceful & quiet. We did not bring a dog, but the fence is so good, not even a little dog could get out.
The cabin was completely stunning! We enjoyed sitting on the back screened porch listening to the creek and watching the sun peak through the trees. Getting cozy by the indoor fireplace was a close second activity during our stay.
We always enjoy our time at Sliding Rock cabins. The cabins are always as described and we love that they are so pet friendly.
Nightly Rates are for up to four (4) guests. Additional guests above four (4) an additional $15 per night plus applicable tax. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee, along with Taxes. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. A refundable Security Deposit is required, along with a copy of a current picture identification, such as Driver’s License, Military, Firefighter, or Law Enforcement ID. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $59 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less from arrival date.