This beautifully decorated one bedroom, one bath Ellijay Georgia pet friendly log cabin, with large fenced yard, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, is so comfortable summer or winter, you may never want to leave.
Highlands Cottage is situated on the edge of a lovely mountain and is truly a perfect romantic getaway. Relax on the screened porch in the swing or rocking chairs, looking out over the lush mountain valley and surrounding mountains. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for grouse, wild turkey, or deer.
After dinner, soak in the secluded hot tub, under a gazebo lit by moonlight and stars, no need for bathing suits here! Or enjoy a movie in the separate Theatre Room. In the fall, cuddle in front of the gas log fireplace. Hike the trail down to a beautiful body of water. Ah life is Ellijay Apple sweet at the Highlands.
Highlands Cottage is a beautifully decorated single level Georgia pet friendly cabin that sleeps up to two (2) adults, (No guests in this cabin under the age of 25), and offers the following:
- King size bed bedroom with luxurious sheets, 22 Inch Flat Screen TV with Network Channels, DVD Player, and full bath
- Living area with plush sofa/chaise seating, 43 Inch Flat Screen, HD-SmartTV with Network Channels, along with access to NetFlix and Amazon Channels, BluRay Player, Gas Log Fireplace, and telephone
- Free wireless hi-speed Internet Access
- Theatre room with a 55 inch HD-SmartTV with Network Channels, along with access to NetFlix and Amazon Channels, BluRay Player,
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- All rooms have vaulted ceilings and are located on a single level
- Spa quality soap, hair dryer, and towels
- Spacious screen porch with rocking chairs and swing
- Gated deck with gas grill and dining area
- Large wrap around fenced yard, safe for the doggies
- Hot tub under the cover of a gazebo with an attached deck and private seating
- Lovely Earthen Fire-pit located within the fenced yard
- Local hiking trail to a beautiful river, just outside your fenced yard’s gate
- The fully equipped kitchen includes: refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, dishes, glassware, pots, pans, cutlery, utensils, coffee beans, coffee grinder, and coffee maker
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Please, No cats at Highlands Cottage. Doggies are welcome with no size, weight or breed restrictions!
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your pets: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for Highlands Cottage, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
Standard nightly rates for Highlands Cottage, start at $145 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Peak season rate September 02 2022 – September 04 2022, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate September 05 2022 – September 29 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Leaf season rate September 30 2022 – November 13 2022, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 14 2022 – November 18 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 19 2022 – November 26 2022, four (4) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate November 27 2022 – December 15 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 21 2022 – January 01 2023, four (4) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate January 02 2023 – February 13 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate February 14 2024 – February 19 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate February 20 2023 – May 25 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate May 26 2023 – May 28 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate May 29 2023 – June 29 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak Season Rate June 30 2023 – July 04 2023, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer season rate July 05 2023 – July 30 2023, two (2) or three (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate August 01 2023 – August 31 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate September 01 2023 – September 04 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate September 05 2023 – September 30 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Leaf season rate October 01 2023 – November 13 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 14 2023 – November 21 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 22 2023 – November 26 2023, four (4) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate November 27 2023 – December 22 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 23 2023 – January 01 2024, five (5) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
Submit your review
We very much enjoyed our stay here, and were pleasantly surprised at how “dog friendly “ the area is. There is so much to see and do in the area, and we found the cabin a very nice, quiet retreat when we returned every day from hiking and sightseeing.
My wife needed a break so we reserved a cabin last minute and it didn’t disappoint! We have stayed many time with Sliding Rock and it is always enjoyable. Can’t wait to return!!
We definitely enjoyed our stay at Highlands Cottage. The location is both quiet and private as the back porch faces away from the roadway and is not readily visible or close to other cabins.
The weather was quite hot during our stay so we did not make use of the hot tub or the fire pit. The screened porch was great for relaxing outside. At some times of the day it was just too hot to sit outside. Thus we were appreciative of the strength of the A/C unit and were able to maintain comfortable temperatures throughout our visit.
Management was both professional and helpful, but not intrusive. Finding the cabin was easy, especially since my GPS worked the entire way there. However, I would take management's advice and preprint the directions as the cabin would not be easy to find without GPS or the instructions.
We would like to return in a cooler season.
It was better than I could have ever imagined. The fur kids were very comfortable which made our visit even better. We ate at The Roof in downtown Ellijay and even participated in the Pets Parade. Enjoyed our time out but being able to retreat to this amazing cabin was the cherry on top!!
Everything was wonderful! The only comment is that the fenced yard was so hilly and rocky that you couldn’t really walk in it.
Nightly Rates are for up to two (2) guests. No additional guests are allowed. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee, along with Taxes. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. A refundable Security Deposit is required, along with a copy of a current picture identification, such as Driver’s License, Military, Firefighter, or Law Enforcement ID. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $59 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less from arrival date.