This beautifully decorated one bedroom, one bath Ellijay Georgia pet friendly log cabin, with large fenced yard, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, is so comfortable summer or winter, you may never want to leave.
Highlands Cottage is situated on the edge of a lovely mountain and is truly a perfect romantic getaway. Relax on the screened porch in the swing or rocking chairs, looking out over the lush mountain valley and surrounding mountains. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for grouse, wild turkey, or deer.
After dinner, soak in the secluded hot tub, under a gazebo lit by moonlight and stars, no need for bathing suits here! Or enjoy a movie in the separate Theatre Room. In the fall, cuddle in front of the gas log fireplace. Hike the trail down to a beautiful body of water. Ah life is Ellijay Apple sweet at the Highlands.
Highlands Cottage is a beautifully decorated single level Georgia pet friendly cabin that sleeps up to two (2) adults, (No guests in this cabin under the age of 25), and offers the following:
- King size bed bedroom with luxurious sheets, 22 Inch Flat Screen TV with Network Channels, DVD Player, and full bath
- Living area with plush sofa/chaise seating, 43 Inch Flat Screen, HD-SmartTV with Network Channels, along with access to NetFlix and Amazon Channels, BluRay Player, Gas Log Fireplace, and telephone
- Free wireless hi-speed Internet Access
- Theatre room with a 55 inch HD-SmartTV with Network Channels, along with access to NetFlix and Amazon Channels, BluRay Player,
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- All rooms have vaulted ceilings and are located on a single level
- Spa quality soap, hair dryer, and towels
- Spacious screen porch with rocking chairs and swing
- Gated deck with gas grill and dining area
- Large wrap around fenced yard, safe for the doggies
- Hot tub under the cover of a gazebo with an attached deck and private seating
- Lovely Earthen Fire-pit located within the fenced yard
- Local hiking trail to a beautiful river, just outside your fenced yard’s gate
- The fully equipped kitchen includes: refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, dishes, glassware, pots, pans, cutlery, utensils, coffee beans, coffee grinder, and coffee maker
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Please, No cats at Highlands Cottage. Doggies are welcome with no size, weight or breed restrictions!
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your pets: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for Highlands Cottage, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at email@example.com. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
Standard nightly rates for Highlands Cottage, start at $125 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Standard season rate May 29 2023 – June 29 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak Season Rate June 30 2023 – July 04 2023, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer season rate July 05 2023 – July 30 2023, two (2) or three (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate August 01 2023 – August 31 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate September 01 2023 – September 04 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate September 05 2023 – September 30 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Leaf season rate October 01 2023 – November 12 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 13 2023 – November 21 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 22 2023 – November 25 2023, four (4) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin (No check-ins on Thanksgiving Day)
- Standard season rate November 26 2023 – December 16 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 17 2023 – January 01 2024, five (5) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin, (No check-ins on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day)
- Standard season rate January 02 2024 – February 13 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate February 14 2024 – February 18 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate February 19 2024 – May 23 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate May 24 2024 – May 26 2024, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate May 27 2024 – June 27 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- July 04th Season Rate June 28 2024 – July 06 2024, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer Season Rate July 05 2024 – July 31 2024, two (2) or three (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate August 01 2024 – August 29 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate August 30 2024 – September 01 2024, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate September 02 2024 – September 30 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Leaf season rate October 01 2024 – November 10 2024, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 11 2024 – November 26 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 27 2024 – November 30 2024, four (4) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate December 01 2024 – December 17 2024, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 18 2024 – December 2024, five (5) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
Submit your review
The Highlands Cottage was the perfect 2 day getaway for the three of us! (Me, boyfriend and dog) Gracie loved the fenced in backyard and the toys left behind from other furry guests! She even got to chase a deer when we went for a quick stroll in the woods! The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed to make our dinners with fresh meat we bought from a nearby farm/butcher. It was cozy and comfortable! The hot tub was clean and nice and hot and ready for us when we arrived. Perfectly secluded too! Definitely would stay here again!!
We have stayed with sliding rock a few times now and they never disappoint. Once again a relaxing setting with really all we needed. Loved sitting on the porch in the swing and listening to the rain. Will definitely continue staying with sliding rock. We love that we can bring our fur babies to a fenced in yard and not have to worry about them. Highly recommend!!
We had such a great time! The cabin was very clean, perfect for the pups, and had everything we could have needed!
The Highland's Cabin was just as described and we loved every moment of our stay. The cabin was truly designed for pets in mind and we appreciate this so much as we were able to bring our two pups with us.
The kitchen was fully equipped with everything you need, even a few spices and coffee beans were available. The den area had comfortable furniture and furnishings were comfortable and clean. The bathroom was perfect and clean. I can't tell you how much we enjoyed the kindness put into leaving pet poop bags and dog treats for the pups.
The master bedroom was comfortable and had nice robes in the closet. I would probably bring your own pillows if not used to feather-down pillows. The second room had a nice daybed with TV and washer/dryer unit. This was where the pet goodies were kept. There were dog bowls, toys and sheets to put over the furniture.
The outdoors was beautiful. We spent most of our time on the screened-in porch. Gosh, just so peaceful and quiet. We loved seeing the deer in the early morning and late afternoon. We did not utilize the hot tub, but it was running and available.
A few reminders: yes, definitely forget your flipflops. This is a cabin that would require closed-toe shows (boots or tennis shoes) for the backyard. Also, bring a flashlight, you will need it. The cabin is definitely a ways up the mountain, so bring everything you need before checking into cabin, unless you enjoy traveling the mountain roads. We loved every minute of it.
Thank you for a beautiful and peaceful experience!
The cabin is well-maintained, clean and very comfortable. Screened in porch with swing is wonderful. We also enjoyed grilling out on the porch. The only drawback is the pot-hole filled gravel mountain road to get there. The toilet was constantly running and a quick call got that resolved. They are very responsive! We had a relaxing time and enjoyed our stay.
Nightly Rates are for up to two (2) guests. No additional guests are allowed. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee, along with Taxes. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. A refundable Security Deposit is required, along with a copy of a current picture identification, such as Driver’s License, Military, Firefighter, or Law Enforcement ID. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $59 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less from arrival date.