This beautifully decorated one bedroom, one bath Ellijay Georgia pet friendly log cabin, with large fenced yard, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, is so comfortable summer or winter, you may never want to leave.
Highlands Cottage is situated on the edge of a lovely mountain and is truly a perfect romantic getaway. Relax on the screened porch in the swing or rocking chairs, looking out over the lush mountain valley and surrounding mountains. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for grouse, wild turkey, or deer.
After dinner, soak in the secluded hot tub, under a gazebo lit by moonlight and stars, no need for bathing suits here! Or enjoy a movie in the separate Theatre Room. In the fall, cuddle in front of the gas log fireplace. Hike the trail down to a beautiful body of water. Ah life is Ellijay Apple sweet at the Highlands.
Highlands Cottage is a beautifully decorated single level Georgia pet friendly cabin that sleeps up to two (2) adults, (No guests in this cabin under the age of 25), and offers the following:
- King size bed bedroom with luxurious sheets, 22 Inch Flat Screen TV with Network Channels, DVD Player, and full bath
- Living area with plush sofa/chaise seating, 43 Inch Flat Screen, HD-SmartTV with Network Channels, along with access to NetFlix and Amazon Channels, BluRay Player, Gas Log Fireplace, and telephone
- Free wireless hi-speed Internet Access
- Theatre room with a 55 inch HD-SmartTV with Network Channels, along with access to NetFlix and Amazon Channels, BluRay Player,
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- All rooms have vaulted ceilings and are located on a single level
- Spa quality soap, hair dryer, and towels
- Spacious screen porch with rocking chairs and swing
- Gated deck with gas grill and dining area
- Large wrap around fenced yard, safe for the doggies
- Hot tub under the cover of a gazebo with an attached deck and private seating
- Lovely Earthen Fire-pit located within the fenced yard
- Local hiking trail to a beautiful river, just outside your fenced yard’s gate
- The fully equipped kitchen includes: refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, dishes, glassware, pots, pans, cutlery, utensils, coffee beans, coffee grinder, and coffee maker
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Please, No cats at Highlands Cottage. Doggies are welcome with no size, weight or breed restrictions!
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your pets: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for Highlands Cottage, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at email@example.com. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
Standard nightly rates for Highlands Cottage, start at $145 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Peak season rate September 02 2022 – September 04 2022, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate September 05 2022 – September 29 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Leaf season rate September 30 2022 – November 13 2022, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 14 2022 – November 18 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 19 2022 – November 26 2022, four (4) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate November 27 2022 – December 15 2022, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 21 2022 – January 01 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate January 02 2023 – February 13 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate February 14 2024 – February 19 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate February 20 2023 – May 25 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate May 26 2023 – May 28 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate May 29 2023 – June 29 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak Season Rate June 30 2023 – July 04 2023, four (4) night minimum stay
- Summer season rate July 05 2023 – July 30 2023, two (2) or three (3) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate August 01 2023 – August 31 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate September 01 2023 – September 04 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate September 05 2023 – September 30 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Leaf season rate October 01 2023 – November 13 2023, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate November 14 2023 – November 21 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Thanksgiving Holiday season rate November 22 2023 – November 26 2023, four (4) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
- Standard season rate November 27 2023 – December 22 2023, two (2) night minimum stay
- Christmas/New Year Holiday season rate December 23 2023 – January 01 2024, five (5) to seven (7) night minimum stay, depending upon cabin
Submit your review
The cabin is warm and cute. Furniture comfortable and bed comfortable. I do think the hanging lamp in kitchen needs replacement. At 6'2 I cracked my head to many times to count. Some issues with housekeeping. They were addressed by management. The dog toys and bowls were great, but the backyard is really unusable. You would have to be a Billy goat to enjoy it. Screened porch was nice. The home needs more outdoor lighting, especially outback.
This is a nice, cozy rental space, about perfect for two people who want a long weekend away from it all. The cabin is comfortably furnished, with a nice sofa and big easy chair in the main room.
I was surprised by how efficient the gas log fireplace is. It heated the entire cabin quite effectively. To that end, the information the owners sent had much detail about the cabin, but not whether or not I would need firewood. We bought two bundles of wood, plus starter logs, we didn't need.
The kitchen is small and, per the documentation, very basically stocked. If you want to make anything special while there, make sure to bring EVERYTHING you need, including pots, pans, dishes, utensils, spices/seasoning, etc. There isn't much in the kitchen to do anything beyond the basics. The oven runs a little on the cooler side of what you set it to, so allow extra cook time.
The bedroom is comfortable, but tight. We were grateful for the second room, where we could put our suitcases. If we tried keeping them in the bedroom, we wouldn't have had room to move around in the room.
The hot tub was nice, for a brief soak while we were there. I should have turned the temperature up a couple of degrees before getting into it. It's base setting was just a touch cool for my wife's and my taste. That said, we still enjoyed.
One thing that really threw me, was the need to bring our own toilet paper and paper towels. No other VRBO rental we used in the past had that requirment.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and might rent this cabin again in the future, if our preferred cabin in the area is already booked.
As always another great stay at Highlands. My dog and I really enjoy the cabin, and the yard is not as steep as some other cabins. Also just about 8 steps to the back yard. Great location and close to town. Loved the fireplace, it was 6° a few mornings. Oh, and its always very clean and fresh looking. Will be back again.
This was our first time renting from sliding rock and we had a wonderful experience. The cabin was spotless and we loved being able to take our rescue pups with us. They have severe separation anxiety so being able to take them was a relief. The cabin was perfect and the view was amazing. The process from booking to leaving was very easy. We can’t wait to come back! Thank you!
We really enjoyed our stay at the Highlands Cottage in Ellijay. From the moment I walked in I was in love with the cabin. It was very comfortable and clean. They took care of all our needs including doggie treats and toys. the space was just perfect for two and our GSP, Beau. He had lots of room to play outside and there was a wonderful doggie park called Haven in Blue Ridge that made it easy to give him all the exercise he needed off leash. I would highly recommend Sliding Rock Cabin Rentals. We hope to return someday soon.
Nightly Rates are for up to two (2) guests. No additional guests are allowed. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee, along with Taxes. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. A refundable Security Deposit is required, along with a copy of a current picture identification, such as Driver’s License, Military, Firefighter, or Law Enforcement ID. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $59 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less from arrival date.