Sunnyside is a great Lake Chatuge retreat, near the lovely mountain town of Hiawassee. Sitting overlooking the lake with floor to ceiling windows and expansive lake views. Reading a book, enjoying the many mountain lake activities, what could be better? Designed with family lake escapes or couple’s getaways in mind, this Lake Chatuge residence offers all the household essentials, top-notch outdoor entertainment space, and a prime Hiawassee location next to Boundary Water’s Marina.
********Please be aware that Lake Chatuge is drawn down in the winter, beginning in October and rising again in May. The cove has water in it throughout the year.******
- Two comfortable living rooms, each with, TV’s and electric fireplaces and leather furniture. An open doorway separates these two areas, that may be closed if you like
- Main level king bedroom with TV and full private bathroom that has double sinks, Jacuzzi tub, shower, and water closet
- Main level queen bedroom with full private bathroom, Jacuzzi tub, and walk-in closet
- Second floor has a king bedroom with TV and full private bathroom and Jacuzzi tub.
- Second floor has a loft with a sofa
- Deck on main level with patio furniture and panoramic lake views
- Covered patio with a dining table, open patio with another table and seating for 8
- Private floating dock with 2 covered boat slips
- Expansive yard with wood burning fire-pit, play set and sand pit
- Central Heat and Air, Washer and Dryer
- Wireless Hi Speed Internet
- Spa quality soap, hair dryers, and towels
- There are 2 fully equipped kitchens on the main floor, each include: stainless steel appliances, refrigerator, electric stove and oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, dishes, glassware, utensils, cutlery, pots, pans, coffee beans, coffee grinder, and coffee maker (1 coffee maker is a Keurig and 1 coffee maker is regular)
- Parking: Driveway with room for 5 vehicles, boat trailer parking
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Dogs are welcome with no size, weight, or breed restrictions. Please NO cats allowed. Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your doggies: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
Please note, the decks are not gated, there is no fenced area and there is a paved road in front of the house, so please use caution with kids and pets.
Low season nightly rates for Sunnyside, start at $345 per night and require a three (3) night minimum stay. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates and minimum night stay apply Mid, Peak, and Holiday seasons
Nightly rates are for full occupancy of eight (8) guests. NO additional guests are allowed. Maximum occupancy including day guests is eight (8) people. Children from age one (1) and above are counted in the occupancy. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee, a Security Deposit of five hundred dollars ($500) along with taxes. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
Please be aware that Lake Chatuge is drawn down in the winter, beginning in October and rising again in May. The cove has water in it throughout the year.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. A refundable Security Deposit is required, along with a copy of a current picture identification, such as Driver’s License, Military, Firefighter, or Law Enforcement ID. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $59 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less from arrival date.
— THE LOCATION —
LAKE LIVING: Boundary Waters Resort & Marina (0.2 miles), Lake Chatuge Recreation Area (0.4 miles), Lake Chatuge Marina (1.6 miles), Lake Chatuge Beach (2.3 miles), Towns County Recreational Beach (2.3 miles), The Ridges Marina (2.7 miles), Towns County Park (2.8 miles), Public Boat Ramp (4.9 miles), Chatuge Cove Marina (8.4 miles)
EXPLORE NATURE: Miller Trek Trailhead (6.0 miles), Cupid Falls (7.2 miles), Appalachian Trail (12.6 miles), High Shoals Trail Head (12.9 miles), Wagon Train Trailhead (16.5 miles), Jacks Knob Trail trailhead (16.6 miles), Horse Trough Falls (18.7 miles), Hemlock Falls (21.9 miles), Raven Cliffs Trailhead (26.5 miles)
GOLF THE DAY AWAY: Brasstown Valley Golf Club (5.4 miles), Chatuge Shores Golf Course (6.0 miles), Mountain Harbour Golf Club (11.8 miles), Butternut Creek Golf Course (15.4 miles), Old Union Golf Course (21.9 miles), Innsbruck Resort & Golf Club (25.2 miles), Rabun County Golf Club (28.4 miles)
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS: Hiawassee (3.2 miles), Old Rock Jail (3.8 miles), Bell Mountain (7.3 miles), World’s Largest Amish Chair (17.5 miles)