“Life is better at the river” is the mantra at River Overlook. Its unique setting high above the bend of the Ellijay River and end of the road privacy begs one to relax and rejuvenate. Come on in and drop your bags, kick off your shoes and begin to unwind instantly. This beautiful two-bedroom, two-bath log cabin with loft has been remodeled and redecorated in 2019 for your relaxation pleasure and comfort.
Dine on the lovely outdoor screened-in porch or languish over early morning coffee on the deck outside your bedroom door. Enjoy the river from the multiple decks and landings or take the 69 steps down to the river’s edge. Notice how the water ripples over the old Cherokee Indian fish trap or take a nap in the hammock, cast a line, or make s’mores at the fire pit. In the evening, recharge your batteries in the hot tub while you count the stars above or snuggle under the quilt and drift off to sleep in either of the two new comfy king-size beds. The memories you make at River Overlook will make you believe life truly is better here.
Note: River Overlook is conveniently located to both, downtown Ellijay and Blue Ridge.
River Overlook has two full bedrooms, two full size bathrooms and sleeps up to four (4) guests and offers the following:
- Bedroom on the main level has a king size bed with luxurious 550 count sheets, 26-inch high definition flat screen cable TV, DVD player, and full bathroom
- Bedroom on the 2nd level has a king size bed with luxurious 550 count sheets, balcony with sitting area, 26-inch high definition flat screen cable TV, DVD player, and full size bathroom
- Spacious open loft has a multi-game table for playing foosball, table tennis or pool, chess table, board games, and books
- Comfy living area with wood burning fireplace, 40 Inch flat screen cable TV with network channels, Netflix viewing, DVD player, telephone
- Central heat and air, washer and dryer
- Free wireless hi-speed internet
- Screened-in porch has an additional seating area and dining area, overlooking the Ellijay River
- Private deck with large hot tub, additional seating and propane grill
- Riverside deck with seating
- Riverside fire-pit
- Spa quality soap, hair dryer, and towels
The fully equipped kitchen includes:
- • Refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, coffee beans, coffee grinder, coffee maker, dishes, glassware, utensils, cutlery, pots, and pans; stainless steel bowls for your doggies
The only items you’ll need to bring will be food, beverages, and condiments.
Doggies Always Stay Free! There are no size, weight limits, breed restrictions, or pet deposits! **Two dogggies maximum, and NO cats allowed at River Overlook.
Because Sliding Rock Cabins® is truly pet friendly, we provide the following amenities for your pets: Large pet bed, food and water bowls, toys, treats, and beach towels.
To check on availability for River Overlook, click on this link “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, or call us Monday through Friday from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, EST at (866) 666-2224, or email us at email@example.com. We attempt to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours.
Please Note: Sliding Rock Cabins requires the following when reserving a cabin:
- Standard nightly rates for River Overlook, start at $150 per night. Weekly discounts apply for reservations seven (7) nights or longer. Higher rates apply for Peak and Holiday Seasons.
- Standard season rate 03 January 2019 – 13 February 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 14 February 2019- 17 February 2019, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 18 February 2019- 23 May 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 24 May 2019- 26 May 2019, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 27 May 2019- 27 June 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 23 June 2019- 31 July 2019, two (2) to four (4) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 01 August 2019- 29 August 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 30 August 2019- 01 September 2019, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 02 September 2019- 30 September 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 01 October 2019- 10 November 2019, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 11 November 2019- 22 November 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Holiday season rate 23 November 2019- 30 November 2019, four (4) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 01 December 2019- 17 December 2019, two (2) night minimum stay
- Holiday season rate 18 December 2019 – 01 January 2020, five (5) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 02 January 2020 – 13 February 2020, two (2) night minimum stay
- Peak season rate 14 February 2020 – 17 February 2020, three (3) night minimum stay
- Standard season rate 18 February 2020 – 21 May 2020, two (2) night minimum stay
Nightly Rates are for up to four (4) guests. Additional guests above four, add $15 per night of the reservation plus tax. All cabins require a cleaning fee, along with a Non-Refundable Processing Fee (which includes a Damage Waiver Fee) along with Taxes which are currently 12%. All rates and seasons are subject to change. Rates include the holiday and surrounding nights.
A fifty percent (50%) deposit is required when making reservations. The balance will be due thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival date. Deposits will be returned for cancellations made more than thirty-one (31) days to arrival date, minus a $50 cancellation fee, plus tax. No refund offered for cancellations made thirty-one (31) days or less to arrival date.
Submit your review
We stayed for three nights and had the best time. The cabin was newly renovated and had all you might need in the kitchen. The beds were comfortable which is a must for a good review from me. :). The view of the river was amazing. We kept seeing the same deer family near the cabin which delighted our young daughter. You won’t be disappointed in this cabin.
We enjoyed our stay at River Overlook so much. The cabin is well appointed and stocked with everything we or our 2 dogs could want! Both bedrooms, each with its on bath, have views of the river. One is upstairs and one down. The screen porch over looks the river which is flowing well and the sounds are very soothing!It is located at the end of the road and very secluded. The cabin is located quite a way up the gravel road which is steep and curving as you would expect. We did not use the hot tub, although it looked clean and inviting. There is a game room upstairs with games, and puzzles . We had a fire every evening we were pleased that there was plenty of firewood available under a little shed to keep it dry. Blue Ridge and Ellijay have lots of good restaurants and shopping! To be able to take our dogs on vacation was the best ! We will definitely use Sliding Rock cabins again soon!
We had a great time! Loved everything about the updated cabin! The river was great! Being at the end of the road worked out perfect for us with our dogs! They had a great time also! Turning around in my f150 was a little tough but we managed. Thanks for a great weekend!
This cabin has everything my husband and I could have wanted and more. We were pleasantly surprised with the amenities and our pups enjoy the peaceful river water activities below. Can't wait to come back!
The cabin was well set to make it comfortable for people and dogs. Beautiful views from the porch and upstairs balcony. Loved the stairs down to the dock.